I’m a total flake when it comes to deciding which season is my favourite, if you asked me in June then I’d say “Summer!” Short shorts, floaty sun dresses, itsy bitsy bikini’s and Prosecco in the sun… Ask me in December and I’d say “Winter!” Big coats, furry hats, warm mittens and mulled wine under the Christmas tree… But if you’re asking me right now then I’m saying “AUTUMN!” and below are the reasons why 🙂
My Autumn lust list
1) Sweaty Betty’s awesome running jackets, keeping you warm whilst making you look so damn cool!
Fast Track Run Jacket £95.00 available from Sweaty Betty
2) The statement sweatshirt brought to you by my latest brand obsession Free people. Super soft with chunky lace-up detailing to be layered over a long sleeved T or a polo neck and paired with your skinniest jeans.
Maria Lace-Up sweatshirt £88.00 available from Free People
3) Zara has everything SO RIGHT at the moment. Going into a Zara store this season is financial suicide as you’ll basically want EVERYTHING. Last time I was in, this beauty of a denim jacket caught my eye. Oversized? Check. Pink fur? Check. Weird tribal graffiti on the back? CHECK.
Denim Jacket with graffiti £59.99 available from Zara
4) Another recently discovered brand is Rat and Boa, they release one small range every season but it’s guaranteed to be mindblowingly sexy. Just browsing their Insta feed makes me blush… This naughty little leather mini skirt gets me all hot under the collar!
I can just imagine it with an oversized, chunky knit and suede knee boots.
The Christy Skirt £120.00 available from Rat and Boa
5) I’ve featured her before but Minna Parikka just keeps coming up trumps with her line of fun footwear. Who can live without sparkly gold shoes with bunny ears? NOT ME. You can keep your Louboutins, Minna gets my vote for standout designs everytime.
Jackie Gold Bunny Ear Heels £255.00 by Minna Parikka available from Asos
6) Velvet is BIG for Autumn/Winter 2016 and some items I’ve seen have risked making the wearer look like a tactile curtain but this sassy jumpsuit from Bershka is modern and fun but still oh so strokeable.
Strappy wide legged velvet jumpsuit £29.99 available from Bershka
7) We all need a ‘go to’ dress for those chilly but not freezing Autumn days. Enter the knit dress and Mango offers up an absolute stunner with this easy-to-wear ribbed number. The colour says “relax” and the cut is flattering with the belted waist.
8) Embellished denim jeans are another Autumn staple this year and River Island has some of the best on the market in my opinion. I got these very jeans for my birthday and have rarely taken them off, they go with everything, are stretchy and comfortable and bang on trend.
Blue embroidered Alannah relaxed skinny jeans £48.00 available from River Island
9) I can’t help but go back to Free People and share this dreamy dance dress with you. It’s playful and feminine and with THOSE leg warmers… I LOVE.
Sienna Dance Dress £98.00 and Bowery ribbed over the knee leg warmer £20.00 available from Free People
10) Having previously been the fashion choice of backstreet prozzies or Sadomasochism fans the over the knee boot has enjoyed something of a reinvention in recent years. Sophisticated designs and less trashy fabrics mean they are now acceptable to wear even in Church. Pair these beauties from Lipsy with a pair of black skinny jeans and a black polo neck and I swear you’ll look more classy than trashy. Amen.
Lipsy over the knee heeled boots £89.00 available from Next