I really wish I was one of those mums who can wear 10 inch heels all day long whilst pushing prams up hills and picking up the endless trail of debris toddlers leave behind them but I’m not. I have serious high arches which gives me an unfortunate gap between foot and shoe that’s big enough to throw a frisby through, I have runners callouses on my toes which are hideous and I walk like an elephant which isn’t compatible with the heel of a stiletto so I tend to live in trainers.
Just because I don’t like wearing heels doesn’t mean I don’t want to feel feminine or sexy… I’m definitely NOT one of those people who wear walking shoes in supermarkets, that sort of thing makes me shudder. I look for a shoe that is comfortable but will also look gorgeous with a summer dress.
Here’s a few of this season’s styles which have me reaching for my purse.
- A winning combination of floral femininity and fierce use of shape and colour contrast, these black flower applique sneakers from Mango are a sassy statement – £59.99
2. Currently featuring on my ‘buy immediately or regret it’ list are these fun bunny inspired lace ups. Why have I only just realised that all shoes look better with a fluffy tail!? Bunny white leather trainers by Minna Parikka available at Harvey Nichols – £225.00
3. Keeping fit needn’t look drab in these light weight Nike’s with mesh design which keeps your tootsies cool and looks super contemporary. Nike Juvenate in chalk blue available from Nike online and currently on sale (hoorah) – was £72.00 now £42.00
4. These classic sneakers are a wardrobe staple and need no sales pitch, they speak for themselves… Converse All Star Ox available in a wide range of colours from JD Sports – £45.00
5. Perfect teamed with super skinny cropped jeans and a crisp white shirt for a summer lunch date, these Carvela Luxor slip on’s are dressy enough to make even the most devoted heel fan jealous. Kurt Geiger – £130.00
6. Stella McCartney knows how to keep sport high fashion and these colour-pop kicks will brighten up your day. Adidas Stella sport multi yvori trainers available at Schuh – £75.00
7. Emit some urban vibes with a pair of high tops. These are a super girly shade of pink with floral trims and even better they are a massive bargain! Adidas Originals Extaball Hi tops available from discount website MandMDirect – RRP 64.99 reduced to £24.99 !
8. Van’s have a worldwide cult following and I can see why with so many choices of colours and prints. These busy slip on’s will attract the eye and are also hard wearing yet blissfully comfortable. Libery Classic Slip On’s available at Vans online – £55.00